The kids and I went to Ohio to visit my family for Christmas. We has a blast. OUHSC shuts down for almost two weeks over Christmas, so I decided to pack up the kids and fly to Ohio with my sister and my mom. We spent our time laying around, eating, and playing cards. The weather was pretty good so we ventured out a little while we were there. Liz took us out for the best steak ever. Steak Maui is now my new favorite meal. We went to West Virginia to visit my mom's brother too. We got to see 'slicky rock' and the church were Delores and Jeff were married. It was there 31st wedding anniversary on Dec. 30th. We ate at Delores's favorite hot dog place and got to see the yard with 300 Christmas blow ups. The next time I go out there, I hope it will be for a wedding. Hint, Hint, Baby J.
I sent my aunt Delores an email on Monday and said,"I miss: Breakfast pizza. The kids screaming. Cheyanne crying. The kids laughing. Liz’s stories. Grandma cussing out the pants. Uncle Jeff’s laugh. Canasta. Watching Spiderman for the 19th time. Jeffrey’s gas. Not really on that one. Your new smile. Debra throwing up. Mom surprising you. It was fun. Send the pics soon so I can make a video and we can all cry."
I forgot to mention that Delores forgot to tell Grandma that dinner was ready so we all ate while Grandma was upstairs starving. Way to go, Delores.
I cherish the time that I get to spend with my family. It means the world to me each and every time I see them.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment