Thursday, March 20, 2008
Police
If you are fond of the police, you might not want to read this blog. I know what you are going to say, not all cops are pricks but I am mad. My van was broken into last Sunday at the OKC Zoo. My sister-in-laws purse was stolen and a woman began using her debit card to make charges at some southside convenient stores. We reviewed the charges on her back account online and was able to figure up which stores she had charged at. We called those stores and asked the managers if they had survelliance. Three of the stores have survelliance and two of them are willing to turn the tape over to the police. I called the police today to give them more information about our case because it takes anywhere from 2 days to a week to get our case typed into the system. I told the officer that I wanted to give him the names and addresses of the people who were willing to hand over the tape to the police and he gave me the same story over again that goes basically like this, "Mam, we get hundreds of calls like this all of the time and it is really hard to find the people who commit these crimes. The person that broke into your van may not even be the same person using your card to charge so it is very hard to catch these people. If we look at the survelliance and we do not recognize who it is, we cannot prosecute them." I told him that I heard this story over and over again and that I want him or someone there to at least be willing to go pick up these tapes and review them. He started to try and tell me the story again about how they never catch these people and I asked him if he cared about my case. He said, "I am offended that you would say that I don't care about this. I come to work everyday working on these types of cases ranging from $90,000 to $5." I told him that he is making an assumption that he will not solve the case just because it USUALLY comes to nothing. I don't expect him to know who the person is on the survelliance, but I expect them to at least go pick up the tape and review it. My hopes would be that they would show it on the news to see if someone in the general public recognizes her (since I am sure that police does not know everyone who steals in OKC.) He told me that he wanted me to talk to his Lieutenant so he transferred me to his voicemail. I guess we will see if this guy calls me back. I find it funny that the police can drive by my house 3 times in one week warning me that they are going to write me a ticket for not having a $27 alarm permit, but they cannot drive to the southside of town and pick up some survelliance videos. Autumn and I have done most of the work for them already. I should have been a damn White Collar Crime Investigator, just call me Detective Borchardt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment